Weeknight dinners are the hardest meals to prepare especially after an exhausting day in the office. Being a paleo eater would make it even more difficult since you are trying to avoid some ingredients like grains, dairy, and beans. If you’re looking for quick paleo dinner ideas to cook after coming home from work, here are three easy-to-make paleo recipes.
Pan-Grilled Steak Salad
Regular pan-grilled steak salads typically come with a flap steak on lettuce topped with butter-fried croutons, cheese, and a Thousand Island dressing. For this recipe, the fatty steak is replaced by a lean top round steak while arugula substitutes for the lettuce. A light sprinkle of balsamic vinegar serves as dressing.
- 12 oz. top round steak
- 4 cups arugula
- ½ cup sliced onions
- ½ sliced ripe avocado
- 2 tbsps. balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup EV olive oil
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- ½ tsp. each: salt, pepper, and paprika
- Place a grill pan over medium-high heat. Rub steak evenly with salt, pepper, paprika, and garlic powder mixture.
- Grill steak in pan for 5 minutes on each side (medium-rare).
- Remove steak and let it rest for 5 minutes as well. Cut into bite-sized portions.
- Mix olive oil, mustard, and balsamic vinegar thoroughly in a bowl. Place steak, arugula, avocado, and onions. Toss before serving.
Skillet Chicken with Spinach and Pecorino
A simple chicken dinner with fish, sauce-seasoned spinach, topped with carrots and pecorino. Pecorino is cheese made from sheep, which is allowed in paleo meals.
- 4 pcs. medium-sized chicken breast cutlets
- 1 lb. spinach, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ oz. shaved pecorino cheese
- 2 tbsps. and 2 tsps. EV olive oil, separated
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- ½ sliced medium-sized red onion
- ¼ tsp. crushed red pepper
- ¼ cup carrots, julienne cut
- 2 tsps. fish sauce
- ¼ tsp. each: salt and pepper
- Boil spinach for 1 minute before draining.
- Coat chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in a pan with 2 teaspoons of olive oil over medium-high heat, 2 minutes on each side.
- Remove chicken and place on a plate.
- Decrease heat. Pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook garlic, onions, and red pepper. Sauté for 1 minute. Discard garlic afterward.
- Place spinach and cook for another minute. Season with fish sauce.
- Top with carrots and pecorino before serving.
Stir-Fried Shrimp on Cauliflower Fried Rice
A quick paleo dinner recipe that does not lack in flavor with shrimp as the star. Super easy to prepare for relaxing weeknights.
- ½ lb. deveined and peeled shrimp
- 4 cups cauliflower rice
- ¼ cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ¼ tsp. red bell pepper, crushed
- ½ cup green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp. garlic, minced
- 2 tbsps. soy sauce
- 2 tsps. sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. water
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Marinate shrimp in ginger and crushed bell pepper for 5 minutes.
- Place oil in a pan over high heat. Put garlic, sliced green onions, and chopped red bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Next, put in marinated shrimp concoction and continue to stir-fry for another 4 to 5 minutes or until shrimp is cooked.
- Put in cauliflower rice and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
- Create a hollow well in the middle of the pan and place the egg, cooking it for 30 seconds.
- Add soy sauce and water before stir-frying everything until cooked.
You don’t need a grand and tiring preparation to deserve a good paleo meal. These quick and easy paleo diet dinner recipes could make it sumptuous with no regrets as you watch out for your health.